Adding a new kitchen faucet to your sink allows you to update both style and function. Modern faucets often incorporate sprayers with a pull-out design and are tall enough to accommodate the deepest pots. When your kitchen needs a slight facelift, replacing the faucet is a great solo project, even if you don’t do anything else. Just schedule a call with Plumbing Nerds for professional installation that you can count on.
Types Of Kitchen Faucets
In choosing a faucet, you will probably choose from five basic types:
- Pull down. Especially convenient for deep sinks, pull down faucets often have a high arch on the spout, and a short spray hose that pulls down into the sink. Offering many spray options, they make rinsing or filling a pot an easy process.
- Pull out. Characterized by a shorter spout and a longer hose, pull out faucets allow you to fill a pot on your countertop or in your second sink without moving the spout. Both pull down and pull out models have one handle that controls the temperature of the water.
- Two handle. Traditional faucets offer a separate hot and cold water handle for better temperature control, but they use more water and require two hands to operate. Some models are available with pull down sprayers.
- Touches. For the ultimate in convenience and hygiene, especially when your hands are full and you want to fill a pot or wash poultry, touchless kitchen faucets sense motion and turn on when you run your hand under the faucet. These faucets have a handle that allows you to adjust temperature
and flow, and run either on batteries or alternating current power. Some models have a pull down or pull out sprayer.
- Commercial. Usually made for restaurants, commercial faucets offer heavy-duty construction and are built to last. The industrial design of these faucets blends well with the gourmet kitchen upgrade that’s trending right now.
What Type Of Faucet Should You Consider?
In choosing the right faucet, your style preferences are key. Faucets that feature a built-in sprayer and one-lever control are popular among consumers for their appearance and convenience. However, there are a few things to consider:
- Do you prefer to control hot and cold water separately, or do you prefer the convenience of a single lever?
- Is your sink currently built for a two handle unit? A plumber can install either type and cover holes from the previous faucet and sprayers with specially designed plates.
- Do you have a deep sink that would benefit from a pulldown model?
- Do you want a built-in sprayer or a separate one? Integrated sprayers are more flexible than side spray models.
- Do you need the durability or want the industrial appeal of a commercial model?
- Does the hygiene and convenience of a touchless model appeal to you?
Call Plumbing Nerds For Professional Installation
Regardless of your needs and preferences, there is a great looking faucet out there for you. Faucets come in a variety of finishes from bright or brushed stainless, to brushed nickel, brass and copper tones, and even powder-coated colors. Some finishes are more resistant to fingerprints and water spots than others.
When it comes time to select and install a new kitchen faucet, Plumbing Nerds can advise you on the type of product that would work best and then provide expert installation that you can count on being done right the first time. We offer residential and commercial plumbing services in Fort Myers and nearby SWFL cities, and make it easy for customers to schedule an appointment online or call us anytime at 239.471.7557.